Poor eating habits may be contributing to failed efforts to lose weight. Breaking these habits may help you succeed in getting healthier.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests:
- Start every day with a balanced, nutritious breakfast. Be sure to include lean protein, fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Watch out for excess caffeine. Limit yourself to three cups of coffee each day, and drink it plain without added sugar or milk.
- Pack your lunch for work every day. Stock up on healthier foods.
- Focus on eating more fruits and vegetables. Each week, try something new, including frozen or canned varieties.
- Cook your own dinner every night. Plan ahead so you’re not tempted to eat out.