Hot water and slippery surfaces in the bathroom can pose injury hazards for little ones.
The American Academy of Pediatrics advises:
- Never leave a baby or young child unsupervised in the bath. A child can drown in very little water.
- Place non-skid strips or a mat in the bottom of the tub or shower, and a cushion over the tub faucet. Keep the toilet seat down and locked.
- Make sure your hot water heater setting is no higher than 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Keep all medications stored out of a child’s reach, and make sure they all have childproof caps.
- Keep all electronic appliances, such as electric razors and hair dryers, unplugged and stored out of a child’s reach.