Children and teens aren’t immune to stress. But can parents recognize the warning signs?
The American Psychological Association mentions these potential symptoms:
- Acting moody or withdrawn.
- Having sleep or appetite changes.
- Clinging to parents.
- Avoiding activities that used to excite the child.
- Complaining frequently of headache or stomachache without an apparent cause.
- Behaving unusually with friends or teachers.
- Using words such as annoyed, confused, angry or worried, or using phrases such as “I’m stupid” or “No one likes me.”
Copyright © 2022 HealthDay. All rights reserved.