Your fridge may be overflowing with leftovers from holiday meals.
Here are some tips to safely preserve all that food, courtesy of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Set the fridge temperature between 33 and 40 degrees Fahrenheit, and your freezer at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
- Make sure you store any meat, eggs, veggies and milk within two hours.
- Place raw meat on the bottom shelf, away from produce or ready-to-eat food.
- If any food is left out at room temperature for longer than two hours, throw it away.
- Place foods being thawed or marinated in the refrigerator.